For the past few years, I've been learning more about 3, 5, and 8 Free nail lacquers (such as Butter London). What this means is that the polish doesn't have substances considered to be toxic/carcinegenic (even though used in standard cosmetics for years):

Formaldehyde
Formaldehyde Resin
DBP
Toluene
Camphor
Ethyl Tosylamide
Xylene
TPHP

Butter London started the trend in 2005 for nail polish but other cosmetics companies are joining in to add their own products. This includes cottage industry companies such as the one from which I now buy my nail polishes--
Dragonsworn Cosmetics. 

The colors are gorgeous, the lacquers free from harmful chemicals, and I get to support an artisan (something I really enjoy doing). So, if you care about the type of cosmetics you use on your face, nails, hair then check out some of the great products you can find (such as Dragonsworn or do some research and make your own (you can check out the video on my blog on how to make your own makeup remover). Cheers!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventures in Baking (Plus Soup!)